As part of its New Year, New Job 2014 special, gaming magazine Develop has been publishing a series of interviews with industry professionals to explain their jobs and challenges. During January, every working day brought a new interview with a member of a prominent studio.
The result of that effort is a great piece of work that covers all development areas, even including some managerial roles. In an attempt to preserve and share that research, I decided to put together all the interviews and organize them in departments.
It’s not only a good chance to take a look at your dream job, but also to learn from other perspectives as well.
- Art Director: Misja Baas (Guerrilla Games)
- Animation Director: Gary Wlech (Cimax Studios)
- Lead Environment Artist: Thomas Klingström (Avalanche Studios)
- Art Producer: Michal Stec (CD Projekt Red)
- Lead Game Designer: Kirsty Rigden (FuturLab)
- Game Designer: Kalev Tait (Supermassive)
- Lead Level Designer: Adrian Sikora (Techland)
- Lead Producer: Ed Perkins (NaturalMotion)
- Engineering Manager: Riccardo Tramma (Outplay)
- Principal Engineer: Tom Gaulton (Sega Hardlight)
- Senior Software Engineer: Shaun Hewitt (Engine Room Games)
- Feel Engineer: John Nesky (thatgamecompany)
- Lead Gameplay Programmer: Jesper Carlson (Massive Entertainment)
- Gameplay Programmer: Anna Ljunberg (Codemasters)
- Game Programmer: Mike Willis (Marmalade Game Studio)
- Business Intelligence Dev: Brett Partridge (InnoGames)